Spring Sporting Event Attendance
For outdoor spring contests, the limit set for outside event attendance allows the general public to attend any outside sports contest.
Boys spring volleyball contests are limited to parents of the players.
Marion County Health Department directives include:
- Everyone in attendance must be wearing a mask or face shield that covers at least your nose & mouth. There will be no admittance without one of these coverings.
- Everyone is expected to maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet from others throughout the event [exception being those family members who live together].
- Our stadium seats are marked with an X to indicate proper spacing.
General COVID Procedures
Face masks are expected for all attendees unless the CDC expected physical distancing can be accomplished. It is important for all members of the Bishop Chatard community to follow all guidance communicated. The IHSAA will continue to provide clarifications and further guidance for the safe return of athletic activities. Further information will be posted here as needed.
COVID-19 DAILY Monitoring Form
Each player, coach, manager and any others associated with conditioning, practice or teams need to DAILY submit the monitoring form below before participating in athletics for the day. This allows BCHS to be proactive in recognizing the symptoms of COVID-19 and responding appropriately. This monitoring continues during the school year. Submit the Daily Monitoring Form
- If you are not feeling well or have any of the symptoms listed on the form, please do not come to practice.
- Students will need to show the email with their responses to their coaches as they arrive.
- Temperature 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher
- Sore throat
- New uncontrolled cough that causes difficulty breathing (for students with chronic allergic/ asthmatic cough, a change in their cough from baseline)
- Diarrhea, nausea or vomiting, abdominal pain
- New onset of severe headache, especially with a fever
- New loss of taste or smell