Past News Posts
The Boys and Girls Track and Field program competed at the 2022 Indoor State Meet in March and had great performances across the board even though they were missing athletes due to Spring Break.
Boys Track Team — INDOOR STATE MEET TEAM CHAMPION ; all relays placed in the Top 4
4 x 4 GIRLS INDOOR STATE MEET CHAMPION
Addison Duncan, Caroline Bell, Grace Felts and Mary Bea Sowinski
4 x 4 BOYS INDOOR STATE MEET CHAMPION
Nate Joven, Mike Nash, Danny O’ Gara and Noah Dudik
- 4 x 2 Boys State Runner-up: Nate Joven, Danny O’ Gara, Noah Dudik and George Gamble
- 4 x 8 Boys 3rd in State: Max Bourgeois, Ian Kolbus, JD Haines and Connor Moriarty
- RJ Bradshaw: 3rd in 60 hurdles
- DMR Boys 4th in State: Ian Kolbus, Mike Nash, Connor Moriarty and Max Bourgeois
- Mary Bea Sowinski: 4th in 60 hurdles
- George Gamble: 6th in Long Jump
Congratulations to Hailee Howe who won the IndyStar poll for Softball Player of the Week (March 21-26).
Hailee did a little bit of everything in a 17-1 win over Hamilton Heights on March 21, 2022. She went 3-for-3 at the plate with a home run, four RBI, four runs scored and a walk. She also pitched four innings, allowing one unearned run, one hit and fanning seven.
She received 55% of the votes (around 5000) over 9 other nominees!
Congratulations to Nate Joven, BCHS senior and setter for the BCHS Boys Volleyball team, who was named the Maxpreps/AVCA High School Player of the Week for the Midwest Region. Joven totaled 61 assists (10.167/set), as well as 23 digs and one ace, and helped lead Bishop Chatard to a 4-0 record at the Carmel Opening Round Robin tournament.
The American Volleyball Coaches Association also named 13 members of the Bishop Chatard Boys Volleyball team to their preseason recognition lists.
Congratulations to Seniors Nolan Bosley, Nate Flora, Luke Gzibovskis, Charlie Harr, Nate Joven, and Michael Yurk, who were named to the AVCA All-America Watch List. Also, congratulations to Christopher Board ’23, Nick Pettrone ’23, Max Schroder ’23, Will Szentes ’23, Zeke Jarzyniecki ’23, Bryce Corbett ’24, and Jake Weber ’24, who were named to the AVCA High Risers List.
Congratulations to BCHS Diver Donovan McMahon, as he advanced to the 2022 Diving Regionals, with a third place in Sectionals. Come cheer him on at Regionals on Tuesday, Feb. 22, beginning at 6:00 p.m. at Brownsburg.
Other sectional swimming results were:
- The BCHS Boys Swimming Team was 4th overall in the sectional
- Oliver Gebke: 8th place in diving
- 200 Medley Relay: 4th place with a new school record: 1:41.33 – Jack Steadham, Max Bourgeois, Aaron Loiselle, & Patrick Countryman
- 200 Freestyle Relay: 3rd place with a new school record: 1:31:24 – Patrick Countryman, Max Bourgeois, Aaron Loiselle & Jack Steadham
- 400 freestyle relay: Will Hasbrook, Danny O’Gara, Justin Garing, & Cormac McCarthy-Young (10th)
- 100 Backstroke: 4th place with a new school record: 55.20 – Jack Steadham
- 50 freestyle: Jack Steadham (5th) & Patrick Countryman (10th)
- 500 Freestyle: Max Bourgeois: 8th place
- 200 IM: Aaron Loiselle (6th) & Danny O’Gara (14)
- 100 Butterfly: Aaron Loiselle (5th)
- 100 Breaststroke: Max Bourgeois (8th) & Danny O’Gara (11th)
Lady Trojans advance to the 2022 Class 3A Semi-State! The team defeated Tri-West, 52-45, and then Indian Creek in the Class 3A Regional final, 52-36, to become 2022 Regional Champions.
The team fell to a very good Silver Creek team in the Semi-State game, 64-54.
The team had balanced scoring and some big plays from individuals.
Izzy Davis had 14 points. Grace Adams had 11 points. Caroline Bell had 10 points. Kate Caskey had 5 points. Anna Thompson & Carly deCastro had 4 points each. Lilli Mohler had a big 3 pointer and Quinn Johnson had 2 points.
Congratulations to Tommy Hannon (182LB), as he becomes the first BCHS wrestler since 2014 to advance to State competition!
Come cheer him on at The Fieldhouse on Feb. 18, beginning at 11:00 a.m. for the 152LB and heavier weight classes.
Tickets will be on sale at Ticketmaster beginning Feb. 16, at 10 a.m.
- Eli Bustamante over Jordan Takara Union County (11-5)
- John Rushenberg over Clay Guenin Greenfield-Central (4-1)
- Tommy Hannon over Mayson Lewis Shenandoah (Fall- 3:12)
- Tommy Hannon over Jacob Skinner Beech Grove (3-2)
- Sam Bustamante (120LB), placed 4th in regionals
- Eli Bustamante (152LB), placed 2nd in regionals
- John Rushenberg (160 LB), placed 2nd in regionals
- Tommy Hannon (182LB), placed 2nd in regionals
BCHS diver Grace Hurley placed 7th in the state at the State Diving Finals on Feb. 12. She placed 2nd in regionals to advance. Congratulations Grace!
Read the article from WISH-TV about the amazing start to their 20-21 season. Congratulations team and coach!
Jamie O’Brien went to Bowling regionals in Kokomo on Saturday, January 15, 2022. He bowled a combined score of 448 for three games. Although he finished on the low side, he made the team and school proud by being selected to compete in the Kokomo Regionals.