Sports Physicals for Fall Sports athletes need to be completed BEFORE any athlete can participate in Aug. 1 practice or tryouts. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Deadline for physicals is as follows:
- Girls Golf: Friday, July 29, before practice
- Boys Soccer: 6:00 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 1
- Volleyball and Cross Country : 7 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 1
- Football: before afternoon practice on Aug. 1
- Physicals must be dated 4/1/22 or later.
- Boy Scouts physicals, CYO physicals, other state physicals are not acceptable.
In addition to the physicals, parents and students need to make sure they have signed all of the necessary consent, travel, and code of conduct form. You will be able to tell if these forms have been completed by looking on your Final Forms account to see if the “Forms Icons” are green or red. Green means the forms are completed, red means they are not.
About the Athletic Physical
ALL students (new, returning and incoming freshmen), before participating in any BCHS athletics, are required to have a completed IHSAA PPE Physical form on file in FinalForms AND all other forms in FinalForms completed and signed.
For Fall Sports, all these documents should be completed by July 29, 2022! (new date)
- IHSAA requires the Physical Exam form to be signed by a physician, nurse practitioner, or physician’s assistant, a parent/guardian, and the athlete.
- Physicals must be dated on or after APRIL 1, 2022 to be valid for the 2022-23 school year. 8th grade or CYO physicals are not accepted.
- Open your FinalForms account and view your student’s area (figure below).
- Be sure health related areas are completed for the student. (#3 in figure below)
- Click on #4 PPE Medical and a pre-filled form will be available for printing. (Be patient it may take a moment).
- Take the Physical Examination page to your physical. Have it completed by medical personnel and signed by all parties, to be returned to BCHS.
- The other pre-filled pages can be given to your medical examiner for their records.
- The last page, Release and Consent Certificate, can be discarded. It was completed in Final Forms.
- Scan the document or take a high quality cell phone photo and upload it to your student’s profile in FinalForms. Use #5 button (see figure below) in the student’s record. Try to give the document a descriptive title with student’s name and the current year. Thank you! —OR—
- Submit a paper copy to the Athletic Office. We’ll add it to your student’s profile in FinalForms.
Where to find what on your student’s record
- #1 Parents who have signed all their forms can ‘nudge’ their students to complete their part.
- #2 Select ALL the sports your student is interested in. This puts the student on that sport’s list.
- #3 Add or update medical history, emergency contacts, insurance and consent forms here.
- #4 Download a pre-filled Physical Form to show to your doctor. Be patient this may take a few seconds to display. If this doesn’t work, check that you’ve completed all the medical forms for the student.
- #5 Upload your completed 1-page Physical Exam here.
- #6 The profile area will list any medical notes from the Athletic Trainer
- For the best online experience, use a laptop, desktop or mobile device rather than a cell phone.
- Student BCHS emails can be used in the software.
- When parents have all their forms completed, the system will automatically email your student to create his/her account to sign their forms.
- Please update the software if there is a change in medical or emergency information.
- Parents will receive an email notification from the system when the Athletic Trainer has updated a Medical Note for the student.
- If you don’t receive your initial setup confirmation email through the system, look in your spam folder and mark as ‘Not Spam’. If you still experience problems, contact the FinalForm support team at email@example.com
Questions? Please contact our BCHS team via FinalFormsHelp@bishopchatard.org for all questions about BCHS procedures through Final Forms.