PHYSICALS and ‘TICKET TO PLAY’ during the COVID-19 Crisis
TWO REQUIRED FORMS (IHSAA Physical and BCHS Eligibility) must be on file at BCHS to receive your ‘Ticket to Play’. This is required before taking part in any summer conditioning, tryouts or sports.
- FOR ALL STUDENTS: The ONLINE BCHS Eligibility Form MUST be submitted for the 2020/2021 sports seasons. This online form can be used for all athletes in a family even for those athletes that don’t participate in a sport until the winter or spring seasons.
- Incoming freshman and those athletes who will be participating in a sport in the fall that didn’t complete a signed physical last school year will need to get an IHSAA signed physical completed. IF YOU HAD A PHYSICAL ON FILE IN THE 2019-20 SCHOOL YEAR, YOU DO NOT NEED TO SUBMIT A NEW ONE. needs to be completed by a doctor, nurse practitioner or physician assistant to be valid.
To submit your completed 2020-21 IHSAA Physical form, you can mail it to Bishop Chatard High School, 5885 Crittenden Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46220, ATTN: Anne Harless, Athletic Department. Alternately, scan and email the form to Anne Harless at email@example.com or bring to the athletic office in person when the campus opens. Enter through door #10.
Double Check these items on the IHSAA form:
- Page 1: History – both athlete and parent/guardian need to be signed at the bottom of the page.
- Page 2: Physical Examination – needs to be completed by a doctor, nurse practitioner or physician assistant to be valid.
- Page 4: Consent & Release – athlete needs to sign near the top and a parent/guardian signs at the bottom.
Please contact Anne Harless at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the ticket to play or physicals.
TICKET TO PLAY – Eligibility PassEvery student-athlete needs to present a personal “Ticket To Play” to the head coach of each sport they participate in before they can begin any team involvement– summer or seasonal conditioning, practice, etc. It is verification that the student is an eligible athlete, with all documentation on file in the Athletic Office.
TWO Required Forms
To receive your ‘Ticket To Play’ for your sport and be eligible to participate in practices, conditioning, games, etc., we REQUIRE the following to be current and on file with the Athletic Office:
- Part I: IHSAA Physical Form IHSAA Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation (4 pages) IHSAA requires the form to be signed by a physician (MD or DO), nurse practitioner (NP) or physician assistant (PA). A parent and student also need to sign it.
- Part II: BCHS Eligibility Form 2020/2021 BCHS Athletic Eligibility Form – Electronically submitted only This form includes the Code of Conduct, SCA (Sudden Cardiac Arrest), Concussion Information, Emergency Contacts, Medical Treatment Release and Travel Authorization. Part II form will be submitted electronically only. This electronic form must be submitted in the presence of student athlete(s) AND parent.
- IHSAA Physicals on file for 2019/20 will remain valid for 2020/21. New IHSAA Physicals must be dated on or after April 1, 2020 for the 2020/2021 school year.
- Questions? Contact the Athletic Office.
How do I get my ‘Ticket to Play’ card?
After you have completed the Part II: Eligibility Form online, bring in the completed Part I: IHSAA Physical Form to the Athletic office anytime, 8AM-4PM (M-F) and we will exchange a passed IHSAA Physical document for a Ticket to Play card- on the SPOT! If you are are conditioning in more than one sport…we can give you more than one card!