2021 BCHS PHYSICAL NIGHT: June 1
BCHS Sports Physical Night will be held on Tuesday, June 1, 2021. Appointments between 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m are available via our signup form.
- Pre-scheduling an appointment time is required. No walk-ins.
- Please arrive as close to your time as possible so we can minimize wait times. We ask that you stay in your car until your appointment time.
- Masks are required. Follow COVID-19 health guidelines.
- Prior to your appointment, please print out the IHSAA Physical Form and complete pages 1, 2, and 5 (the parent and student must sign the 2nd and 5th pages).
- Begin checkin at Door #10.
Physicals are $30/student. Online payment is now closed. Cash, credit or check (payable to Bishop Chatard High School) will be accepted at the event.
- Don’t forget to also submit the BCHS Eligibility and the Archdiocese online forms below. The physical and these 2 forms are needed to finish each student’s ‘Ticket to Play’ requirements for the summer and school year.
DIGITAL TICKET TO PLAY – Eligibility Pass
Every athlete needs a “DIGITAL TICKET TO PLAY” to participate in any team involvement, practice, summer or seasonal conditioning.
This designation verifies that the student is an eligible athlete with all 3 forms below on file in the Athletic Office.
Actual physical ‘tickets’ will not be issued. The BCHS Athletics Office will keep track of the 3 forms as they are received and informs the coaches of all the athletes who have completed all the necessary forms.
2021/2022 Required Forms for Athletes of any sport
ALL students (new, returning and incoming freshmen) interested in participating in any BCHS athletics, including conditioning, are required to have completed all 3 of the following forms:
- The IHSAA requires the form to be signed by a physician, nurse practitioner, or physician’s assistant.
- A parent/guardian and the athlete must also sign.
- Physicals must be dated AFTER APRIL 1ST, 2021 to be valid for the 2021-22 school year. 8th grade or CYO physicals are not accepted.
- This must be completed and received by the BCHS Athletic Office before the first official practice.
- Physicals can be given to the Athletic Office or scanned and emailed to Anne Harless at firstname.lastname@example.org
- This online form includes the Code of Conduct, Sudden Cardiac Arrest, Concussion Protocol, Emergency Contact, Medical Treatment & Release, and Travel Authorization.
- This form must be submitted electronically by Monday, July 6, 2021 for participation during the summer or by your first training session or practice.
- You can include all of your athletes in one online submission of this form, even if they will not be participating in a sport until winter or spring.
- This online form is required by the Indianapolis Archdiocese for every student attending Bishop Chatard.
- It must be completed by parents by Monday, July 6 for summer participation or by your first training session or practice.
- You can include all of your athletes in one submission of this form, even if they will not be participating in a sport until winter or spring.
PHYSICALS and ‘TICKET TO PLAY’ during the COVID-19 Crisis
TWO REQUIRED FORMS (IHSAA Physical and BCHS Eligibility) must be on file at BCHS to receive your ‘Ticket to Play’. This is required before taking part in any summer conditioning, tryouts or sports. Scan and email completed forms to Anne Harless at email@example.com
- FOR ALL STUDENTS: The ONLINE BCHS Eligibility Form MUST be submitted for the 2020/2021 sports seasons. This online form can be used for all athletes in a family even for those athletes that don’t participate in a sport until the winter or spring seasons.
- Incoming freshman and those athletes who will be participating in a sport in the fall that didn’t complete a signed physical last school year will need to get an IHSAA signed physical completed. IF YOU HAD A PHYSICAL ON FILE IN THE 2019-20 SCHOOL YEAR, YOU DO NOT NEED TO SUBMIT A NEW ONE. needs to be completed by a doctor, nurse practitioner or physician assistant to be valid.
To submit your completed 2020-21 IHSAA Physical form, you can mail it to Bishop Chatard High School, 5885 Crittenden Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46220, ATTN: Anne Harless, Athletic Department. Alternately, scan and email the form to Anne Harless at firstname.lastname@example.org or bring to the athletic office in person when the campus opens. Enter through door #10.
Double Check these items on the IHSAA form:
- Page 1: History – both athlete and parent/guardian need to be signed at the bottom of the page.
- Page 2: Physical Examination – needs to be completed by a doctor, nurse practitioner or physician assistant to be valid.
- Page 4: Consent & Release – athlete needs to sign near the top and a parent/guardian signs at the bottom.
Please contact Anne Harless at email@example.com if you have any questions regarding the ticket to play or physicals.